Toll Free 855-CAL-FLOOD (225-3566)

El Nino Flood Insurance

Thank you for your inquiry regarding a flood insurance policy for your property. The FEMA flood maps indicate that your property is located in an “X” flood zone. This means that your property lies in an area of moderate to minimal risk for flooding and coverage is not required by your lender. The good news is your property qualifies for a ‘Preferred Risk Policy’ through the National Flood Insurance Program. Please see below the annual premiums for building coverage and personal property available for this program.

[ws_table id=”1″]

Primary Residence: The $25 HFIAA** surcharge is included for policies covering primary residences only if the named insured’s primary residence is a single-family dwelling, an individual condominium unit, or an apartment in a non-condominium building.

Rental Properties: Add a $250 HFIAA** surcharge.

PLEASE NOTE: There is a mandatory 30 day waiting period. Don’t wait until its too late



How do I get the policy issued?

What and Why is there a preferred policy?

What is the HFIAA surcharge?



Building Property:

  • The insured building and its foundation
  • Electrical and plumbing systems
  • Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces and water heaters
  • Refrigerators, cooking stoves and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
  • Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
  • Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases and cabinets
  • Window blinds
  • Detached garages (up to 10 percent of building property coverage); detached buildings (other than garages) require a separate building property policy
  • Debris removal

Personal Contents Property:

  • Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture and electronic equipment
  • Curtains
  • Portable and window air conditioners
  • Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers
  • Carpets that are not included in building coverage
  • Clothing washers and dryers
  • Food freezers and the food in them
  • Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)



Building Property:

  • Damage caused by moisture, mildew or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner
  • Currency, precious metals and valuable papers such as stock certificates
  • Property and belongings outside of an insured building such as trees, plants, wells, septic systems, walks, decks, patios, fences, seawalls, hot tubs and swimming pools
  • Living expenses such as temporary housing
  • Financial losses caused by business interruption or loss of use of insured property
  • Most self-propelled vehicles such as cars, including their parts (see Section IV.5 in your policy)



Fill out this quick form and we will follow up with you.

[vfb id=’3′]

callView our mobile site | Sitemap